by Lindsey Fox

How To: Clean Your Makeup Brushes


So here is my long awaited blog that I kept saying would be posted soon... sorry it has taken so long, life got a lil busier when baby arrived!

What you will need:
paper towels
extra virgin olive oil

baby shampoo

and some dirty brushes

Ok, first take your paper towel and pour a decent amount of the olive oil onto the paper towel...the olive oil will help to soften the bristles and help the makeup come off easier...
then take any one of your brushes and scrub it around in the olive oil and you will notice the color to start to come off immediately..

Next take your baby shampoo and apply a small amount onto your fingers and simply wash your brush under warm water. Remember to never get anything other than the metal and bristles wet.. Lettting water get anywhere else could cause it to rust!
Here are some before and after of my brushes haha!!

Before:
After:
Before:
After:(this one is still wet so it may be hard to see the difference)
So I hope this was helpful!! It's a quick, easy, and cheap way to get your brushes looking new again! This isn't something that needs to be done every day, but maybe once a week instead!

1 comments:

 

Get to Know Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mommy. I also blog and I use to make beauty, fashion, and DIY videos on youtube under the screen name TheMrsFoxxy. Currently I spend free time as a Taekwondo mama and a dance mama, along with bartending during my day job. Instagram is my favorite outlet lately!

Holy Grail Beauty Products

5 Holy Grail Beauty Picks