by Lindsey Fox

Bloomin' Love!!



Recently I was introduced to BloomNation and their campaign Bloomin' Love which inspired me to make this post on how I show my love all year round to not only my hubby but my kids too! If you have never heard of them they are a flower delivery company for your local florists, making it super easy to order flowers online!

With all that being said, if you have followed my blog at all over the last 5 years, then I am sure you know that Valentine's Day isn't just another holiday to me. It's also my wedding anniversary! Since it is my anniversary, I do feel like it often gets a little bit overlooked. Now that doesn't mean that my husband and I don't celebrate our anniversary, but it does mean that we don't get two separate occasions. With that being said, it's so important to continuously show your loved ones how much you do love them.

Still to this day we both never fail to get an anniversary card and Valentine's card for each other every year. It's always been something we've done. What I love the most is that we both just did it and it was never discussed. So we have kept up the tradition each year. We get a funny Valentine card and a more serious anniversary card! P.S. Mine this year is HILARIOUS haha!!

I love that my husband knows me well enough that this simple little gesture made my day. He left me a sweet card, flowers, and coffee (it's my addiction haha) on my car while I was inside work. Sometimes it's just the simple things that will mean the most! Whether it's surprising me with coffee or me randomly bringing him home some unexpected yummy food from one of the two restaurants I work at.




It's so important to give your kids that special time too and it doesn't always have to be done with gifts. With three kids, it's not always practical nor easy to get one on one time at all times, but there are other things you can do just for them solely! This pic was taken tonight actually. We wanted to do something just for the kids, so we took them to the Rainforest Cafe. (it's a rainforest themed restaurant where the animals move and make noises) They all enjoyed it and then each got a gift from the gift shop afterwards! I even got one because they had Hello Kitty themed jungle animals haha!

On those rare opportunities that you can get one on one time with your kids jump at it! We took our oldest to his first football game for his birthday this year. It was just the three of us.


Getting in date nights isn't always easy.. or being able to afford a night out all the time. One thing I really enjoy doing with my hubby is having a little game night. This particular one was at a friend's house (so more like a double date). I made some margaritas for us, because I bartend too and they are yummy haha, and we had a blast playing the pie face game!

Don't get me wrong, getting in that one on one time away from the kids and house is definitely necessary too. Sometimes you just have to find a cheaper alternative and work with what you get.

What are some ways all of you show your loved ones that you care? I would love other ideas for DIY date nights or things to do with the kiddos!!

xoxo,
Lindz


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get to Know Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mommy. I also blog and I use to make beauty, fashion, and DIY videos on youtube under the screen name TheMrsFoxxy. Currently I spend free time as a Taekwondo mama and a dance mama, along with bartending during my day job. Instagram is my favorite outlet lately!

Holy Grail Beauty Products

5 Holy Grail Beauty Picks