by Lindsey Fox

DIY Wedding Coordination


 So I just really got to thinking about something new I could share that would truly be helpful to anyone out there. It occurred to me that I have never shared my side hustle with you guys. So about four years ago I became the assistant to a wedding coordinator/owner of "All Things Arranged". There was so much to learn, along with experience to gain, and I was truly in love with the job. Then about two years ago she decided to part ways with the business, but not before she could teach me as much as possible. That's when I decided to venture out on my own and where "The Finishing Touch" was created.



For this post I thought I would share a few tips on how to get jump started on coordinating your own special day. Along with setting up a timeline of events. 

1. To start off, the first thing you absolutely need to make it easier, if for all of your vendors to be booked. So the DJ, florist, caterer, officiant, baker, decorators, any rental companies delivering, etc. Then from there decide which events you want to take place. Are you wanting a bouquet toss, or maybe even a game to be played during reception? Once you have decided on all of the events you want to take place and all of the vendors are booked, that's where to me it's always the easiest.

2  Most of the time you are already aware of the timeframe in which you have your venue for, so the first step is deciding on what time you want your ceremony to take place. For the sake of this post we will just say 4:00pm. A lot of the times certain vendors will let you know what time they need to arrive depending on the start of the reception or ceremony, so it will make things easier when scheduling. The caterer is probably already familiar with how long it will take them to be setup in time for the cocktail hour or reception, and the DJ will know how much setup time they need (also if you require their service for the ceremony or not as well), and so on and so forth.

3. After you determine arrival times with the vendors, that's where I always fill in any extra details for certain time slots, basically things that you don't want to forget to do, and tasks to stay on schedule. For instance; making sure the groomsmen have the rings at a certain time before heading down the aisle, or having everyone make their way to the ceremony area, or making sure you know where the throw bouquet is located ahead of time. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of little extra details to plan ahead, but it's definitely doable to DIY your schedule for the day.


Those are just a few of the ways to get started on planning out your timeline. If you would like me to go more in depth and give extra tips feel free to let me know! Meanwhile, here is a peek inside some of the weddings I have either decorated, coordinated, or assisted with.






xoxo,

Lindsey


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get to Know Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mommy. I also blog and I use to make beauty, fashion, and DIY videos on youtube under the screen name TheMrsFoxxy. Currently I spend free time as a Taekwondo mama and a dance mama, along with bartending during my day job. Instagram is my favorite outlet lately!

Holy Grail Beauty Products

5 Holy Grail Beauty Picks