by Lindsey Fox

Simple and Easy Shepherd's Pie


 

(Not my picture but literally exactly how mine looks)

Tonight we had my own version of Shepherd's Pie. It's quick, simple, and VERY affordable to feed a large family. I forgot to snap a picture other than the story I added to instagram (it's saved in my highlights though).  Here is how I make this simple family favorite. That takes less than 30 minutes to prepare.


Ingredients:

1 lb ground beef

8oz Idahoan buttery homestyle instant mashed potatoes if you're in a pinch or a hurry (or homemade mashed potatoes)

large casserole dish for baking

4 cans of vegetables of your choosing  (tonight we had green beans, corn, peas, and carrots)

1- 1 1/2 cans tomato sauce

salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder to taste

shredded cheddar jack cheese


Directions:

Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain the grease. Then add it to the casserole dish along with all of the canned vegetables (drained and rinsed).

 Mix in your tomato sauce (be sure to not add too much, it can tend to get watery easily). Once it's all mixed together and seasoned to your liking then top it with the mashed potatoes. 

To make the mashed potatoes just simply follow the instructions, they're super fast and easy to make.

Once you have covered the entire beef and veggie mixture with the mashed potatoes, cover it with the shredded cheese and pop in the oven at 375 for roughly 15 minutes.

Then VOILA!! A quick and filling meal for the entire family. It will definitely feed 5-6 people easily.



What are some of your favorite quick and easy family meals to make?

xoxo,

Lindsey




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get to Know Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mommy. I also blog and I use to make beauty, fashion, and DIY videos on youtube under the screen name TheMrsFoxxy. Currently I spend free time as a Taekwondo mama and a dance mama, along with bartending during my day job. Instagram is my favorite outlet lately!

Holy Grail Beauty Products

5 Holy Grail Beauty Picks