by Lindsey Fox

Myrtle Beach Quick Getaway Money Saving Tips


 This weekend we took a quick trip to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. In all honesty this wasn’t a planned vacation type of getaway, it was for a dear family member on my husband’s side, for their celebration of life. We did have some free time though, so I thought I would share with you all what we did. Plus some money saving tips too.



  First and foremost, don’t be afraid to book that cheaper hotel right by the beach. We spend $400 for the weekend at a little retro hotel called Waikiki Village, literally across the street from the beach. They also have 1 and 2 bedrooms available as well. Our first impression was not great at all!!! But the customer service was amazing and moved our room to a much better location and we ended up with a balcony that did have an ocean view as well. 



We were able to spend a few hours at the beach while there. Which brings me to my next tip. Bring your own chairs and umbrella from home. We use to buy a new one every trip and leave it for the next guests. So much extra money was spent that over time doing that. Obviously if you’re flying that’s a different scenario. One thing we did forget this trip was a small cooler so we bought one while there. 



So this next tip is really not a tip. Just a really affordable place I wanted to share. After we got back from the memorial service and went back to change for dinner it was already kinda late. I really wanted some kind of seafood so we randomly pulled in this place because it wasn’t packed. It was called Shuckers Raw Bar. We had some yummy Parmesan blackened oysters and each had a combo basket. Plus we had 2 alcoholic drinks each. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I got the bill and the drinks were only $6.75 EACH!! The place really struck us as more of a local type place. It wasn’t fancy by any means, but was also kid friendly too! So if you’re on a budget with kids this is somewhere to consider. They had a wide variety of appetizers to choose from as well, so it wasn’t strictly a seafood restaurant.


We also ate at a restaurant called Sharky’s and it’s right on the beach. Our bill wasn’t too ridiculous at $20 a meal roughly (for beach prices).. we ended up having our meals, plus we bought lunch for my husband’s little cousin too. Robert and I each had 3 drinks on our ticket as well, truthfully I think that totaled out to like $145 before any fees. I will say if you do go there bring cash!!! There is a 4% credit or debit card fee along with their automatic 18% gratuity on ever ticket as well. I do want to note that the kids were not with us on this trip, so we were only feeding the two of us except this one time.  


Our great view for lunch at Sharky’s!


  If you have never been to Myrtle Beach there is sooooo much to do for families. Last time we were here Elizabeth was only 2 months old. So a really long time ago! Just for a fun throwback here are a few old pictures. 





Look how small Elizabeth and Michael were! Crazy to see they’re now 12 and almost 19, and Landon wasn’t even born yet. On this trip we did a ton but it’s hard to remember it all!

Xoxo,
Lindsey






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get to Know Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mommy. I also blog and I use to make beauty, fashion, and DIY videos on youtube under the screen name TheMrsFoxxy. Currently I spend free time as a Taekwondo mama and a dance mama, along with bartending during my day job. Instagram is my favorite outlet lately!

Holy Grail Beauty Products

5 Holy Grail Beauty Picks