by Lindsey Fox

Black Belt Club


     Last week Landon was nominated to join the Black Belt Club! He was so excited, it's a much more in-depth course where they get to spar, it covers bully defense, weapons training, character development, as well as the basic curriculum. There is more more to it than that though. You can look up Championship Martial Arts if you wanna learn more. This is a club that is invite/nominee only at his martial arts studio.

    I am so incredibly proud of how hard he is working, and truly understanding what Taekwondo is all about, as well as following the student oath and tenants of Taekwondo that they are teaching them. Also, how quickly he is learning too. He only just started back in mid April and is quickly advancing. This week he is doing stripe testing. Which if you don't know what that means, basically with each belt there are skill and lessons that you have to earn in order to be promoted to the next belt up. Right now he just needs his blue stripe to be eligible for the next belt promotion.

    To be totally honest, when the first promotion came along, and he had only been going for about a month, I thought surely there was no way he would advance that quickly. He proved me wrong right away! Then when we were away at dance nationals he stayed back with my parents because he wanted to participate in an Olympics being held at his Taekwondo dojo. Of course, I was worried that he may be left down if he didn't place since he was so new. You guys!!! He placed in the top THREE in four of the eight events and brought home some really cool medals too!! To say we were proud is an understatement for sure.. Now that you guys are a little caught up on his new Taekwondo journey, here are a few pictures (if the videos of his first time sparring will load, I will include that as well)!

This was taken last night, he got all of his Black Belt Club gear and was so excited!
This was taken after his first stripe testing when he was working towards the next belt up. I believe he got his final stripe in the following class.
My mom snapped this picture during the Olympics they mentioned earlier. I do want to also mention that the Olympics was for all belts, so they competed against each other (that's what made it even more special that he placed os well).
Lastly, his first Black Belt Club class was last week and he got to spar for the first time ever. He had so much fun!

I am so excited to see how far he goes!

Keep Training Until The Belt Turns Black,
xoxo Lindsey



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get to Know Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mommy. I also blog and I use to make beauty, fashion, and DIY videos on youtube under the screen name TheMrsFoxxy. Currently I spend free time as a Taekwondo mama and a dance mama, along with bartending during my day job. Instagram is my favorite outlet lately!

Holy Grail Beauty Products

5 Holy Grail Beauty Picks