by Lindsey Fox

Jessie James Decker’s Chicken Noodle Soup (Weight Watchers)






Soup season is quickly approaching! 

(This pic above was a still shot from my Instagram recipe highlights)

 I have had JJD’s cookbook since it released and have made several of the recipes (changing some just slightly).. there are a ton of simple, quick, and easy ones to follow. By the way, I have preordered her newest cookbook that will be out very soon! I came across where I made her chicken noodle soup when I was really following Weight Watchers so of course I knew I needed to share with all of you, because it was sooooo yummy!

JJD’s recipe (picture snapshot of the cookbook):


No here is how I changed mine up to make it WW friendly, plus it also ended up making it super flavorful as well. 

Honestly there isn’t much to it, simply substitute out the regular spaghetti for whole wheat noodles. Then in place of the broth I used chicken bouillon cubes. Those two simple things really did boost the recipe. If you really wanted to lower those points, you could also leave out the corn as well. I am curious how this would taste with shirataki noodles to be keto friendly too!

There are actually so many ways these days to cut back on your carbs and to make recipes WW friendly. (Much more than there were a few years ago) I have an amazing keto shrimp taco recipe I will share soon if anyone is interested. I could eat it almost daily! Until then let me know if you end up trying this soup recipe out.


Xoxo,

Lindsey




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get to Know Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mommy. I also blog and I use to make beauty, fashion, and DIY videos on youtube under the screen name TheMrsFoxxy. Currently I spend free time as a Taekwondo mama and a dance mama, along with bartending during my day job. Instagram is my favorite outlet lately!

Holy Grail Beauty Products

5 Holy Grail Beauty Picks