by Lindsey Fox

Santa and Sugar Cookies


Santa and Sugar Cookies

This Christmas have some fun and make some really cute sugar cookies! That's my plans for tomorrow with my oldest(he is the only one old enough to help decorate haha)! I have lots of cute cookie cutter shapes that are perfect for Christmas time... like little stars, christmas trees, and gingerbread men. Here is a homemade recipe for some awesome sugar cookies:

3/4 cup of shortening or margarine (I use the margarine)
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups of flour (sifted)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of salt
I also added 1/2 tsp of almond extract (you don't have to do this though)

Then after you have made your dough, refrigerate it over night... this will make it easier to roll out when you want to cut it into different shapes!

Bake at 400 degrees for about 5-7 minutes depending on your oven the time will change so just keep a good eye on them!!

TO DECORATE
Use food coloring in whatever colors you like....I love color, so I am going to use all different ones haha.
I use holiday sprinles and colored sugar for decorations. As well as some green and red M&M's because they are soooo good haha!

ICING
Ingredients for icing:
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons of milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
assorted food coloring
1. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup.
2. Divide the icing into separate bowls if you plan on doing all different colors... then use food coling in whatever colors (I love color so mine are going to be all different colors)! Then you can just ice them like normal.
This icing will dry hard and should be somewhat shiny too!!

To see what I am doing tomorrow go check out my other blog---> Foxxys Wifey
Get some awesome Sigma brushes here---> Sigma Beauty

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Get to Know Me

My photo
I am a wife and a mommy. I also blog and I use to make beauty, fashion, and DIY videos on youtube under the screen name TheMrsFoxxy. Currently I spend free time as a Taekwondo mama and a dance mama, along with bartending during my day job. Instagram is my favorite outlet lately!

Archives

Holy Grail Beauty Products

5 Holy Grail Beauty Picks